The career you want
As one of Denver’s top homebuilders, Cardel is always on the lookout for talent that’s a cut above. Whether you’re a standout student or a seasoned pro in your field, you could be on track for a fulfilling career with Cardel. Teamwork, innovation, long-term employment, and work-life balance are just a few hallmarks of working at Cardel. To learn more about our culture, we encourage you to like us on Facebook and follow us on LinkedIn. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Cardel is a group of companies with offices in Calgary, Ottawa, Denver and Florida. We offer beautifully designed communities and exceptionally well-built homes for every stage in life from condominiums and townhomes to starter homes, move-up products and vacation properties. Cardel Homes is proud to be building various Denver communities including: Indigo at Red Rocks; The Ridge at Roxborough Park; Lincoln Creek; and Westminster Station.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
Current Career Opportunities
Working in Denver, you will provide a Controller function to both Cardel’s Denver and Tampa Bay regions. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for preparing accurate and timely financial statements and working papers; creating internal and external reporting packages; preparing projections and forecasting for inventory, cash flow and land; ensuring efficient and effective internal controls are in place for accounting and finance processes; overseeing the accurate payment of all trades and suppliers; liaising with the management group, auditors, lawyers, bankers, IRS and homeowners as needed; and managing the accounting team.
The successful candidate for this position will have a CPA designation with a minimum of 3-4 years of public practice work experience with private industry clients. (Experience in land development or homebuilding is preferred.) You will also possess 3-5 years of private industry experience in a management role—preferably in the real estate or construction industry—an undergraduate degree in business, well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, solid business acumen, unquestionable discretion for confidential and sensitive information, advanced MS Excel knowledge as well as outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Our values and policies promote teamwork, innovation, long-term employment and work-life balance. To learn more about our culture, we encourage you to like us on Facebook and follow us on LinkedIn. DFWP/EOE
To apply for this position, email your resume to email@example.com. Please quote job #CH-CONT-2020 in the subject line.Apply Here!
As a Land Development Manager, you will report to the Regional President, Denver and work with the operations team. You will manage any land department staff and outside consultants to accomplish the following:
- Identify, analyze & negotiate the purchases of new land.
- Provide detailed acquisition feasibility studies including proformas & schedule creation.
- Conduct contract negotiations & draft Letters of Intent (LOI’s).
- Submit/track subdivision, development and reimbursement agreements & approvals.
- Initiate & obtain permits required for development.
- Prepare trade specific scopes of work & bid packages.
- Prepare scopes of work and request proposals.
- Negotiate, award & manage a team of consultants and land development contractors.
- Provide ongoing management & monitor all phases of land development construction through successful delivery of all lots to the Construction Department.
- Manage construction schedule to ensure on-time delivery of lots in accordance with business plan.
- Verify material deliveries for import/export of fill, pipe, storm drains, concrete & amenity construction.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory & safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies & corporate policy.
- Coordinate inspection process with municipal & utility inspectors.
- Maintain a project budget, manage change-orders, invoice review & approval.
- Manage bond releases.
- Represent Cardel at public hearings & community meetings.
- Liaise with municipal councils and administrations.
Requirements for Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Planning or an MBA.
- 10+ years of experience in land development management.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, land acquisition.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, heavy civil or infrastructure construction.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to improvise, adapt and/or overcome obstacles.
- Extensive knowledge of the Colorado and Denver Building Codes—knowledge of municipal planning policies & growth management strategies is beneficial.
- Detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills & proficiency with financial modeling in Excel
To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote job #CHD-LAND-2020 in the subject line.
Local candidates preferred. Relocation assistance is not available. EOE/DFWPApply Here!