The career you want
As one of Colorado’s top homebuilders, Cardel is always on the lookout for talent that’s a cut above. Whether you’re a standout student or a seasoned pro in your field, you could be on track for a fulfilling career with Cardel. Teamwork, innovation, long-term employment, and work-life balance are just a few hallmarks of working at Cardel. To learn more about our culture, we encourage you to like us on Facebook and follow us on LinkedIn. Accessibility accommodations are available to job applicants upon request.
Cardel is a group of companies with offices in Colorado, Florida, Alberta and Ontario. We offer beautifully designed communities and exceptionally well-built homes for every stage in life, from condominiums and townhomes to starter homes, move-up products and vacation properties. Cardel Homes is proud to be building various Colorado communities, including Deer Creek at Ken Caryl, Lincoln Creek in Parker, SaBell in Arvada, and Westminster Station in Westminster.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
Current Career Opportunities
As a Back End Site Supervisor, you will report to the Construction Manager and work with a team consisting of other Site Supervisors, Finishing Foremen/women, Warranty Technicians, and Laborers to oversee construction from drywall to possession.
- Liaising with homeowners and attending walk-through meetings.
- Managing site costs and material efficiency.
- Scheduling and supervising subcontractors and suppliers.
- Maintaining master construction schedule and making sure timelines are met.
- Conducting regular inspections and ensuring quality control.
- Overseeing overall site for cleanliness and safety.
You will have previous experience in residential construction or renovations, with extensive knowledge of building codes, the residential construction process, building materials and new home warranty requirements. You will also be an independent self-starter, possess strong customer service and communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be required to use his/her/their own vehicle and provide a driving record as well as pass a criminal record check.
To apply for this position, resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote #CH-BESUP-2022 in the subject line.
Salary: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per yearApply Here!
As a Laborer, you will be energetic and self-motivated with the responsibility of ensuring site safety, conducting new residential site cleans, completing minor carpentry tasks and providing support to the Site Supervisors. To be successful in this position, you will have a focus on safety, a valid driver’s license, and a professional demeanor. Previous experience with residential construction sites is an asset. This is a physically demanding position which will require you to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
You must provide your own steel-toe boots and have a reliable mode of transportation.
To apply for this position, resumes may be emailed to email@example.com. Please quote #CH-LABOR-2022 in the subject line.
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 per hourApply Here!
The Colorado division of Cardel Homes is expanding our land department, and we’re offering confidential consideration to qualified candidates interested in this Land Acquisition Manager opportunity. The right candidate will assist the Senior Land Manager as well as division leadership to find, coordinate, and secure land acquisition leads to meet division goals.
- Make initial cold-call contacts and make inquiries on land leads.
- Establish and maintain relationships with land developers, brokers, landowners, engineers, planners, etc.
- Perform title and municipal research on potential land leads.
- Complete detailed research, review, and analysis of entitlement status of prospective acquisitions on a continuous basis.
- Physically visit each newly presented opportunity and evaluate how this opportunity fits with Cardel’s business plan.
- Responsible for in-depth market analysis and gathering, compiling, and analyzing information to complete the research and financial analysis of land under consideration for purchase to develop residential for-sale communities.
- Responsible for preparing information into detailed, accurate reports, slide decks, memorandums, etc.
- Make recommendations to management regarding which land opportunities to pursue.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and perform financial modeling for potential acquisitions.
- Participate in site selection, due diligence review, preparation of LOIs, underwriting, and approvals for proposed new land acquisitions for the development of residential homes.
- Participate in the negotiation of purchase agreements.
- Participate in the process to ensure that all due diligence work is completed prior to expiration of contingency period and the Land Acquisition Proforma (LAP) submittal date.
- Assist the Senior Land Manager to zone and plat projects.
- Prepares budgets, evaluates bids and conducts financial analysis as needed.
- Interact, manage and oversee the efforts of outside parties (engineers, landowners, real estate brokers, attorneys, contractors, architects, homebuilders, planners, contractors, city representatives and joint venture partners) as needed.
- Provide all pertinent property description information, seller demands, terms, conditions and contact information to management.
- Provide site inspections to identify project status, progress, and risk management.
- Assist in maintaining acquisition budgets, development schedule oversight, and project updates.
- Coordinate and communicate with primary engineer, primary consultants and municipal staff.
- Review development agreements.
- Review each lot deal presented to the company for possible fit to our product, and acquire developed single-family lots and attached residential lots.
- Maintain a high level of visibility in the home building business, actively participating in the community, civic and business organizations pertinent to the industry.
- Work with Senior Land Manager in development projects from pre-acquisition through closeout to ensure communities are delivered on budget and schedule.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of applicable experience in residential land development or significant land brokerage experience with strong relationships already developed in the greater metro Denver area. An understanding of local and macro real estate market; master servicing, water rights, sanitary and sewer capabilities; as well as the political landscape and its impact on land acquisition is also required.
Additional Job Requirements Include:
- Regular use of a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in financial modeling and market analysis.
- Knowledge and ability to apply principles of accounting.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written or oral form.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Word, Excel and email.
- Previous experience with legal documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, real estate or related field preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and show attention to detail.
- Ability to travel.
The salary range is based upon required experience and skills, with a base expected to be in the range of $80,000 – $105,000, plus merit-based bonuses. Benefits include health care insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) plan and paid vacation time.
To apply for this position, resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote #CH-LACQ-2022 in the subject line.Apply Here!