An Innovative Alternative
Developed by our Innovation team, the Lancaster Independence option offers an alternative main floor plan that features universal design and promotes independent living.
Barrier-free access, space for manoeuvrability, wider doors, and easily accessible light switches, plugins and thermostats allow a for safer, more practical home you can enjoy for years to come.
- Switches to be located 40′ above finished floor
- Thermostat to be located 47′ above finished floor
- Ensuite tub deleted. Ensuite pre-finished shower base deleted and replaced with tiled shower. Includes floor-to-ceiling glass and no glass door. Joists revised to allow for dropped flooring to slope toward drain with flush entry into shower. Ensuite windows revised
- Includes 3’x4′ rear landing
- Linen closet relocated to inside laundry room
- Additional linen closet added in bedroom hallway
- Kitchen layout revised with relocated pantry
- Patio slider replaced with 3′-0′ x 6′-0′ full lite French door
- Main stairs widened with relocated handrail
- Door sizes increased wherever possible
- Walls shifted to accommodate 5′ turning radius